Sunday 13 October 2013

Halloween 2012

whoa it's been such a long time since I've posted anything! I've been so busy making cakes I've not had time to blog about them! quick catch up!
This was Halloween 2012 and my sister and I were living together at the time. we bought pumpkins and made lanterns as usual and I decided to make pumpkin pie cupcakes. They were basically a sponge mix made with boiled pumpkin and cinnamon. Fresh out of the oven they were so delicious and sweet it was amazing. I iced them with very little basic glace icing in orange and they didn't last the day they were so good! My sister also roasted the pumpkin seeds and we had some family round for a bit of a Halloween treat.
 Our lanterns, mines the weird one on the right, not sure what I was going for there, but the multi-coloured lights inside were pretty cool.
 My sister Cat and I with out faces painted, just because Halloween is a great excuse for getting the face paints out.
Yum yum yum, can't wait for pumpkin season to come round again because they were sooooooo good!!!! Hot damn!
Here's my recipe for Halloween Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes:
Ingredients:
260g flour
150g sugar
110g softened butter
2 eggs beaten
225g mashed cooked pumpkin ( I used the shavings from carving my lantern and boiled it until it was soft, I think thats what made the cakes so soft)
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
170g pecans ( I didn't add pecans) I added a little more nutmeg and cinnamon instead.
  • Preheat the oven to 190C. Line a tray with cake cases (normally use a muffin tin and muffin liners). Sift all the dry ingredients EXCEPT for sugar together in a bowl. Cream together the butter and sugar in a separate bowl and beat in the eggs little by little. Add the pumpkin and stir through.
  • Stir in the dry ingredients and the pecans (if using) and mix well. Fill each cake case 3/4 full and place the tray in the middle of the oven. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. (You can always tell if your cakes are done if you press the top and they bounce back up).
  • When they are done allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before putting them on the wire rack to cool, allowing them to cool down slowly. 
  • Eat them fresh out the oven as they are sweet enough or allow them to cool down completely before decorating them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment