Tuesday 2 October 2012

Daniels Birthday

Now I had missed my nephew Daniels Birthdays as I had been living far away and low and behold the birthday I live close for, I'm working! So I had to make the ultimate cake for his Birthday party. He loves toy story and I wanted to make a massive toy story cake to fill everyone at the party and so I had some left when I turned up after work. I baked three tiers with the help of my mum and brother. 
The bottom layer I covered in yellow fondent and some patches of white. I then painted on a pattern with orange food colouring and added the black patches for the cow print style.
I made the second layer blue and made a brown belt to go around the middle and some belt hooks to look like Woody's jeans. 
I then made the top layer and covered it in an alien green fondent and baby blue stars.
 The finishing touches: I made some small fondent cubes and hand painted them to look like letter building blocks. I wrote 'Happy Birthday' in them
 I also added a gold sheriffs badge and piped on a '4'
 I then piped round the bases of each cake to cover the divide that had been made by the dowl that held each cake up. I also piped the bottom around the white patches for an elegant finish.
 I hand painted to 'shooting marks' on the stars to make them look like shooting stars!

 I made a cloud shape out of edible paper and piped on Daniels name and held it up with some more buttercream. My mum set fire to it when she lit the candles.
 And then I added a Buzz!

 Here's my original idea. It's pretty much the same apart from Daniels name.
The rest is photos of my special guy on his Birthday.




No comments:

Post a Comment