Tuesday 2 October 2012

Lee's Birthday

So I now live with my sister Catherine and her boyfriend Lee. Pretty much as soon as I moved it was Lee's Birthday. He works fixing and selling yachts and boats and runs his own boat repair business. He is a bit obsessed with all things that float, haha! So of course a nautical themed boat cake was in order.
Here's what I came up with:

 I covered the cake in a blue fondent that I just couldn't get blue enough, I then took some more food colouring and painted on the food colouring with a paint brush in a wave pattern. So if you look closely the cake has waves going across. I then took ordinary glace icing and used it to create the little sailing boat and the writing. I wanted it to look almost drawn and rustic looking. It was delicious, but everyones faces were blue after eating it!!


Lee and he Birthday cacen!

No comments:

Post a Comment