Tuesday 2 October 2012

Beckys Birthday

My Auntie Becky has her Birthday on the same day as her Wedding Anniversary and I wanted to make her a really special cake. I had seen a bouquet done before and wanted to do something similar where cupcakes are scewered into the cake to make a bouquet. I wanted to make Becky a plant pot. 
 Here's a sketch I did to outline what my cake might look like
 This is my attempt at a sort of scientific drawing I did to show how the cupcakes (made to look like flowers would be on scewers and put in the cake.
We cooked the cake in a bowl to give it a pot shape then we scewered cupcakes all over. We decorated each cupcake like a flower and covered any space in fondent roses, flowers all sorts. I even made orange fondent to look like a pot and covered the outside in it.
Here's the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment