Thursday 21 July 2011

Ideas for My Little Pony Cake

It's Megans 7th Bithday next week and I've said I'll do the cake. She has told me she wants a My Little Pont cake but I think thats only because I know she has a cook book with a cake in. Sadly, I find that trying to follow instructions on how to make a cake very hard to follow, I find it a lot easier to have an idea for a cake and be creative with it. That way it will look good anyway, because you'll have nothing to compare it to.
So anyway, I've been looking online and found some photos for ideas:

This is the kind of thing I think I'll go for if I do the My Little Pont cake, I've not done a simple tier cake before, and I'm just wondering if it is simple..Otherwise there is this idea, which looks simpler, it'd involve a tray bake and some icing fun. Could go very wrong though.
But as I've said, I think Megs only wants a Pony one because of her book, I think I may do something completely different. She is 7 and she's getting into older things now, Jo is buying her a tatty teddy bedroom set so I'm thinking Pony is maybe a bit young for her now.
She is into hello kitty....But I might just try doing a layered cake and having fun with effects I haven't tried.
Either way I'll have a nice long think about it and will definately post a blog when it's done. My sister Catherine is coming over that weekend so hopefully if we get a chance between all the partying, we can get started on the cake together, so I'll have some help. I find it best to do it in stages as well coz there is such thing as a cake thats too fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment