Tuesday 9 August 2011

Megans 7th Birthday,



Eugh! This cake was a flippin' disaster. Had NO time to do it whatsoever or the resources. Went out and bought all the stuff for the cake but the supermarket didn't have much interesting in as far as decorative bits go. Apart from that I'd totally forgotten that my piping bag had broken so I had no piping bag.
Also I only had the day to do it so the cake was far to fresh to carve. The whole top layer just crumbled. It looked such a mess!!
None the less I just overly decorated it to try to distract from the mess. Without a piping back it was a bit of a job. Got covered in icing and my quilted effect didn't really work. know what to do for next time. But this one just looked crap.
Meg and Jo liked it though. And all the kids at the party were impressed though.






I did however get to paint an awesome mould at the Honeybourne Pottery. In amongst the kids painting away. I chose a pirate, it was meant to be a boy but I wasn't having that! I painted her to be a girl! Isn't she awesome?!

No comments:

Post a Comment