Wednesday 20 July 2011

The First Venture

It was coming up to Megans fifth birthday and my mum and I decided that we'd make her cake this year. We'd seen a design in a really old chocolate cook book of my mums that we thought would be perfect so we gave it a go. We'd gotten the baking bug after visiting candy cakes in Covent Garden and we'd just redecorated the kitchen exactly like it. My mum had alwyas made our birthday cakes when we were little, she was fantastic at it. She used to hand paint them using food colouring and tracing paper. Once she'd even made me a 101 Dalmations cake covered in marzepan dalamtions that she and my auntie Becky had stayed up all night moulding! Well thanks mum! And heres our wonderful first venture together for our freind Megans fifth Birthday.





The head fell off the day before because the cake was too heavy, so we adjusted the recipe to make it right, but I think it turned out ok. It was yummy anyway! Also the actual mixture was made with marmalade and syrup so it was really strong and we've used it a couple of times since.

No comments:

Post a Comment