Tuesday 9 August 2011

Alices Birthday - Rose Cake.


My good friend Alice's 19th birthday. Her and Kitty and I went out for a meal in Evesham, went for an Indian so I decided to make her a cake! Decided to give the sugar roses a go after seeing a "how to" video. They were fairly simple, came together really well, I think it's one of those things where the more I do the better they'll be.
So I just made a simple cake and hand painted the writing and scroll on it. Was really quite proud of it actually. Kitty is allergic to Gluton so she couldn't eat the cake but she did enjoy a sugar rose.





Alice with her cake.
This was made on 9/8/11 - whilst all of the riots in major cities were going on. I would just like to say to everyone who rioted: yes there are lots of problems with goverment cuts at the moment, lots of problems with this country, and things are really hard right now. But for Gods sake, this is the time to pull together, not turn on your own community on the people on your street. You still have the right to free education, be smart, do something constructive.

No comments:

Post a Comment